home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Thursday, September 4, 2014

Product Praise: First Aid Beauty (FAB) Eye Duty Triple Remedy

I couldn't help but post a quick gushing review of this product. As some of you know, I am currently only doing product reviews on my blog, so hopefully, ya'll will be able to spread the word about that since I know a lot of people have commented on my lack of reviews for Youtube. In all honestly, I feel that 'less is more' when it comes to videos so I'll be only doing occasional reviews there, most of which will be in support of clothing lines or websites I find interesting.

Anyway, back to the product review.

I received a full sized version of this product in a complimentary bag handed me at a recent work event for Dillard's 'Edge Beauty'. I've been with The Edge shop for a few months now but this was my first training class, and evidently we get nice amount of gratis at these events. First Aid Beauty is a line I was unfamiliar with since we don't carry it at my store but I'll admit to being intrigued after using this.

The product is in a squeeze tube, as pictured, and features a metal applicator that supposedly applies pressure that is ideal for the eye area, as it mimmicks the shape and size of the ring finger. To apply, you squeeze the tube gently, releasing a small amount of the product, about the size of this 'O'. :) Next, dot the released amount beneath the eye and use the applicator to gently massage it into the delicate skin, using small circular motions.

The description on their website makes the following claims:
Eye Duty Triple Remedy is a complete eye treatment that instantly erases dark circles while delivering serious long-term skin care benefits to the orbital eye area. Upon application, it instantly brightens the entire eye area with a soft universal tint and light reflecting pigments that create an illusion of bright, smooth and youthful skin. Over the long-term, actives in the formula significantly improve the appearance of undereye puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. The unique stainless steel applicator, which mimics the shape of the pinkie, delivers micro stimulation to the area while flawlessly blending the product into the skin. The results are natural and youthful. Eye Duty looks and feels like a second skin.

Eye Duty Triple Remedy is packed with a host of age defying ingredients. Retinyl Palmitate and GABA support the skin’s natural collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Licorice Root reduces the appearance of dark circles. Caffeine enhances blood flow to the eye area to minimize puffiness and Coralline Extract, a red algae, conditions and nourishes.,


My thoughts: I can honestly say that this product lives up to its claims, instantly de-puffing and brightening the under-eye area significantly. The cold metal applicator does a bang-up job in contributing to the former, as I can see that the puffy morning eyes I am so accustomed to are minimized instantly when I use it. The creamy flesh-toned product has no chalky appearance and feels more like an eye cream than a concealer, with the benefits of both. My undereye area responds with immediate radiance and after repeated use, feels firmer. So it's a sure winner, with me.

Although the site claims that the product is suitable for all skin types, paraben free, and sensitive skin-safe, I only use it once a day: in the morning after I cleanse and moisturize, and before I apply my foundation or concealer. I find that I only have to use a small amount of concealer, which is another big perk for me, since as my eyes mature, it becomes more and more evident that a minimal amount of product is always better to prevent settling into those fine lines.

Cons: The only con I can think of is that at first examination, the top appears to be a twist-off cap, which it is not. If you attempt to hold the tube and twist the cap, it is quite likely that a bunch of the product will squeeze into the closed cap, inevitably wasting it and making a mess. The cap is in fact just a 'pull-off' type, so no squeezing of the tube is necessary to remove it. Simply grasp the bottom of the tube and gently pull the cap free. I know this seems like a no-brainer but hey, I screwed up so I thought I'd share.

Let me know if you have any questions about this product, on Facebook, Instagram, or here. I'm happy to help.

Click here to visit First Aid Beauty's Website product page for this item.

Price: 36.00 is the standard retail price. I have not found it cheaper but please let me know if you find a special!

Thanks for visiting!

xxoo,
Ashley

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it available in the philippines now?

Post a Comment