home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pre-Viva Fitness Check-In

And it's time for another Fitness Check-In, here on this fine Thursday. It is freezing here in Memphis and we Memphians are not used to cold, really. As you may or may not know, a winter in west Tennessee tends to fluctuate between sort of cold (40's or so) rainy weather, a warm snap where it gets up to the 60's and everybody gets sick, and a few winter storms. This winter, the storms have missed us but the cold spells have been insane. Today it is 22 degrees and I am sitting by my heater all day. But I DID work out, as this post will discuss, and am feeling pretty proud of that fact.

This week, I am finally showing some progress! I have been careful to keep the calories down and work out regularly, and although the scale still shows 130 lbs, I have lost an inch in my waist and hips So the waist is at 29 and the hips are at 38! So I am already to my goal in my hips and halfway there in my waist!

Visually, I don't observe much change but my butt is a little more pokey. That's never bad for a gal who was called 'SpongeBob Square Butt' at one time. ;-)

I should also mention that I saw an episode of The Brady Bunch a while back where Mike Brady was doing calisthenics before bed and this inspired me to do the same. How can you NOT be inspired by Mike's curly head and striped pajamas?? So, right before I jump in the bed, I do 20 leg lifts (10 on each leg), 10 deep squats, and 100 twists. The latter is in an effort to help stretch and slim my waistline. I do notice that my clothes fit a little better but that might be due to the work outs I'm doing during the day; I don't know if the bedtime stuff really does any good. But it was worth mentioning.

Til next week,
So Long, Dearies!!

Ashley


0 comments:

Post a Comment